The Cavitt Chronicle

Filed under Opinion, Sports

La Liga Is the Best Soccer League in the World

There are more than one hundred professional soccer leagues in the world, and in my opinion, La Liga, consisting mostly of Spanish teams, is the best one!

The battle for the best league has been a close competition between the La Liga and the English Premier. How do you determine which is the best league? The number of superstar players, victories, balanced competition, and FIFA/IFFHS rankings.

According to the IFFHS rankings, La Liga is the best league in the world for the sixth time! This proves how amazing the league and the players are.

La Liga players have won the FIFA player of the year award consecutively since 2008.

The La Liga is also home to some of the best players in the world, players such as Suarez, Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Benzema, Aguero, and Iniesta.

The La Liga scored 1092 goals last season with an average of 2.87 goals per game, while the English Premier scored 1063 goals at an average 2.8 goals per game.

Real Madrid is most profitable soccer club in the league, helping to make the La Liga the richest league in the world. Real Madrid is also home to some of the best players such as Ronaldo, Bale, Sergio Ramos, and Marcelo Vieira.

The La Liga could be compared to the NBA, NFL, MLB as these leagues represent the pinnacle of the various sports. Other leagues like the English Premier arguably might be the most entertaining and competitive league due to the parity of its teams and generate more TV money, but that isn’t a reason to anoint it the best league.

Also, in the championship league,  La Liga teams have won 17 championships with Real Madrid winning ten and Barcelona winning five. Furthermore, to illustrate how dominating the league is, Spanish La Liga teams have won 45 out of 48 matches played against non spanish teams.  This year two La Liga teams will be playing the Champions´ League.

Clearly, La Liga is the best league, but other leagues are striving to attract great players and to improve salaries and competition.

1 Comment

One Response to “La Liga Is the Best Soccer League in the World”

1. pedro on June 11th, 2016 10:26 am

“La Liga, consisting mostly of Spanish teams,” La LIga consist of only Spanish Teams,,how could it be other way?

[Reply]

*