The Cavitt Chronicle

Filed under Sports

Stanley Cup Playoff Is Getting Intense

The Stanley Cup playoffs, or NHL playoffs has started. This brings the best hockey teams of the NHL to a showdown. This will find the best team in the league.

There are only 16 teams that make the playoffs. The teams were Stars, Blackhawks, Ducks, Blues, Redwings, Lightning, Rangers, Penguins, Capitals, Flyers, Kings, Wild, Predators, Panthers, and Islanders.

The teams who made through the first round were eight teams. The Stars, Islanders, and Capitals with a 4-2 series win. The Blues with a 4-3 series win, the Penguins, Lightning, and Sharks all had 4-1 series wins.

In the second round, the Lightning beat the Islanders in a 4-1 series. The Penguins beat the Capitals in a 4-2 series. The Blues won their series against the Stars  4-3. The Sharks won their series in a game 7 showdown against the Predators.

In the third round the, the Lightning and Penguins are battling out while the Sharks and the Blues go at it. The Lightning are beating the Penguins 3-2 in the series while the Sharks and the Blues are tied 2-2.

It looks like right now that the Sharks and the Penguins are going to face off in the Stanley Cup.

This is will be the first time the Sharks have made it to the Stanley Cup in 25 years if they win this series.

In a poll conducted at Cavitt it showed that the majority of students don’t watch hockey that much, but the ones who do like the Sharks by a significant margin, and want them to win as they are the hometown team.

Out of 50 Cavitt students and teachers of both grades, 16 people said they watch hockey. Out of those 16, 81 percent or 13, said they like the Sharks. Two other people like the Penguins and one other likes the Tampa Bay Lightning.

The other 34 are missing out on some great hockey being played.