The Cavitt Chronicle

Filed under Entertainment

“Ride” by Twenty One Pilots

Are you a fan of Twenty One Pilots? If you are, I am sure you’ve heard their new hit single. “Ride” is number five on the Billboard music charts as of the week of 9/10/16 and is part of their 2015 album, “Blurryface”.

This song represents the worries of life and death.  In the song, the artists explain that it’s okay to be afraid of dying. However, people shouldn’t worry too much about death, but instead live in the moment.

The song also represents the worries of having enemies in life and of having people dislike you.

When the lead singer, Tyler Joseph, sings “but it’s fun to fantasize” in the first verse, he means it’s enjoyable to be able to think of good things in life.

Part of the main chorus, “I’m falling, so I’m taking my time on my ride”, means that as you get older, you get closer to death. So you must enjoy life and not worry about the future.

Near the end, he explains that we, as human beings, all say that we would die for each other, kill for each other, etc.

This emotional song has a meaningful message woven in between the trendy beats and melody. Everyone takes away something from “Ride” that may be different than what others take away from it.  Listen now and seek the message!