Filed under Sports

Cavitt Volleyball Starts

Cavitt’s First Volleyball Game

By Izzie Hillman

Cavitt has just embarked on this year’s volleyball season and they are off to a good start. This Wednesday, August 31, Cavitt participated in its first volleyball game of the season.

Teams have been practicing very hard for the eventful day, on and off of the court. The way they played really reflected all of that hard work.

The 7th Grade girls volleyball team lost in a painful game against Granite Oaks. The 8th grade team, on the other hand, won a suspenseful game keeping all team members on their toes.

Although the team lost, the stands were full and the crowd was hyped up and cheering, the Cowboys did not lose hope.    

unnamed-6The 7th grade team came in with high hopes and high potential, but sadly the other team blew them out of the water with a final set of 19-25. But they will not give up, the Cavitt Cowboys will reign once again by the end of the season.

The 8th Grade girls team was marvelous, coming through with the win. They crushed the opposing team, but it was all in good sport.

Phenomenal serves, sets, and passes were displayed by both the 7th and 8th grade teams. Nobody lacked participation and everybody showed their amazing skills.

Both teams, 7th and 8th, showed each other plenty of support and cheered on whichevunnamed-5er team was playing at the moment. Their contagious excitement gave the team and crowd high hopes of victory.

By the end of the game, the Cavitt Cowboys took their wins and losses, finishing off strong with their heads held high. Nobody was ashamed of what was scored, as everyone did their best.

The Cavitt volleyball teams still have much work to do, but with their team spirit they already possess, they are not far from perfection.