Filed under News

TOPSoccer Helps Kids with Special Needs Play Soccer

Buddies run around with kids with disabilities on green grass with a blue sky on April 13. These buddies are helping disabled kids be active and familiar with a sport so they can be outside and have fun.

Every Friday from April 13 to May 11, these outside activities take place with a buddy for every disabled kid.

TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is the acronym, and it’s founded by the PYSL (Placer Youth Soccer League).

There are sign up dates for buddies and players to sign up to enjoy a beautiful day playing soccer and helping others play to. The first sign up day is March 1st if you haven’t done it in the previous seasons or years. You have to be four years old or older to participate.

To play in this program it costs $15 and you pay this fee at the beginning of the first practice you attend. This fee pays for a jersey and what it costs to set up.

This takes place at Douglas Ranch Park in Granite Bay where there are many trees wildlife. This park is perfect for getting outside and having fun with your family.

This is a good thing because you are helping others have fun doing something they haven’t done before, so maybe the next practice they have you should check it out. This will help the  area and people in it.

Colton Snyder has been to one before and he said, “I remember helping disabled kids.” He also said it was a good thing  to do for the community.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “TOPSoccer Helps Kids with Special Needs Play Soccer”

1. Jack Blackburn on May 4th, 2018 8:07 am

This is a great article about many people helping others in the community.

[Reply]

2. Luke on May 4th, 2018 8:10 am

Use something more specific than buddies in first-second paragraph because I did not know who you were talking about when I read it.

[Reply]

*