Filed under News

Cowboy Crew: A Program for Everybody

School counselor Mrs. Laurin hosts Cowboy Crew in room 9 every Tuesday and Thursday during lunch.

Cowboy Crew is a spectacular way for the special needs students to interact with other students.

Types of things that occur at Cowboy Crew include playing board games, building with legos, and talking with everyone.

Mrs. Laurin, the leader of this program, said that she sees a great benefit for all the students who attend this program. “It is a great group of kids where everybody feels like they belong,” Mrs. Laurin said.

J.J. Huish, a student in seventh grade, has been a big reason for Cowboy Crew becoming popular this year. Huish has been going since the very beginning of the school year and has encouraged all of his friends to join him.

Since Cowboy Crew started, there were only about ten students who would come per week, but this year there are about 30 students who come per week.

Spencer Longoria, one of the people whom Huish invited, enjoys being able to go to Cowboy Crew.

“I always enjoy having a great time with my friends, and it feels like I am doing the right thing,” said Longoria.

Another student who actively goes to Cowboy Crew is Cameron Pham. The main reason Pham enjoys this program is because he gets to meet and interact with new people.

Mrs. Laurin is very pleased with how Cowboy Crew has been going this year. She is excited that mostly seventh graders have been coming because that means they will hopefully come next year as well.

Tryten Platt, Staff writer

Tryten Platt is a seventh grader at Cavitt Junior High School.