Filed under News

Book Club Offers Movies, Potlucks, T-Shirts … and Books

On March 15, the Book Club went to see A Wrinkle in Time at Century Roseville 14 in XD.

After seeing the movie,  Cavitt Book Group read A Wrinkle in Time, and on Tuesday, April 24, they are having a potluck for it.

“At a potluck, we gather, and each of us bringing a food item so that we can discuss the book,” says Ms. Kudrimoti. By “food item,” she means desserts and chips.

Cavitt Book Group has read many books, not just A Wrinkle in Time, some of which are The Iron Trial, Uglies, The Raft, and Into the Wild.

Mrs. Randall, the group leader says, “A Wrinkle in Time was the best book we’ve read by far.” Maci Riffle says that her favorite book was Into the Wild. Cade Kelton states, “I don’t know, we’ve read too many.”

In the future, Cavitt Book Group plans to read The Different Girl. On April 23 and 24, Book Group is promoting Book Club in various seventh grade classrooms.

They are advertising that they plan to have Book Club T-shirts for next year to wear every Tuesday.

Yearly, Book Club also plans to see a movie, in the theaters, of one of the books that they are reading at that time.

Seventh graders are encouraged to sign up for Book Club because it is a fun environment to hang out. “I joined because I love reading books, and I assumed people there love the books I love, and I was right,” Elle Danielson says.